Welcome to GRMEP / Michigan State University Internal Medicine Residency Program!
We're excited about our program, and we invite you to explore our website and discover why you should be here!
Internal Medicine Program Highlights
* Dedicated faculty committed to teaching competent, outstanding physicians in an academic and collegial environment.
* Rotations at Spectrum Health and Mercy Health Saint Mary’s Healthcare offer a rich educational experience with a culturally diverse patient population.
* An academic program affiliated with The Michigan State University-College of Human Medicine
* Research track combines residency and PhD training. The VanAndel Institute, a world-class facility dedicated primarily to genetic and molecular cancer research, offers research opportunities to our residents.
Why GRMEP? Quotes from our current residents:
1. "I love the program for these reasons: superb emphasis on resident education, multidisciplinary approach in patient care, excellent camaraderie among staff, and the fact that the program is located in Grand Rapids which has simply the best of everything in terms of cultural attractions, recreational activities and economic opportunities." PGY-2
2. “With state of the art hospital facilities and a friendly, welcoming residency staff; Grand Rapids was a perfect choice for me to do my residency training. Additionally, West Michigan is a beautiful area with lots to see and do.” PGY-1
3. “I believe People are what make an institute special. I observed a genuine camaraderie among house staff, faculty and administrative staff during my interview. GRMEP provides ample opportunities for academic and clinical grooming of a physician". PGY-1
4. "Great education, great experience, great city, great learning environment, in a program that will still allow you to have a life outside of work. I couldn't ask for much more than that." PGY-3
5. “A place second to none!” PGY-3.
Still need more info? Use FREIDA
The Fellowship and Residency Electronic Interactive Database has many details about us.
Ready to Apply? Use ERAS
Apply through the Electronic Residency Application Service. Include your Dean's letter and three letters of recommendation from faculty who have worked with you in a clinical setting. If you have research experience, a letter from your mentor would be helpful.